When I was hospitalized with a minor stroke ( I say minor because I was admitted quickly in a window of time that minimized the damage, which I am eternally grateful for) I searched for the best healing verses with the most inspirational background music I could find. Here is the video version of what I thought was the best followed by the verses I typed out for your edification and comfort. It’s in the NIV, which is not one of my favorite versions, so for those who feel the same, I’ve added the New King James verses in bold print below each NIV verse. These verses will build your faith for healing and divine health and soundness and starve your doubts to death if you’ll listen to them and meditate on them and confess them. Some of them are repeated twice for emphasis by the creators of the video. I hope they are a blessing to you. Feel free to print them out and pass them on. You don’t need all 50 to get healed. All you need is one that is alive in you to be healed, but they will all help you familiarize yourself with the many healing verses in the Bible and build a solid faith life.
AMAZING TESTIMONY OF KENNETH E. HAGIN’S DILIGENCE IN THE WORD
My spiritual father in the faith, Kenneth E. Hagin, once faced a health crisis with his little daughter Pat. She had a growth in one of her eyes. He had scriptures on healing marked out in his Bible and spent time meditating on them during the nighttime where he would sleep an hour and then stay up for an hour meditating on the scriptures pertaining to her daughter’s healing. He did that all night, one hour sleeping, and the next hour awake, and meditating on the scriptures. He did that for two nights in the midst of conducting some meetings himself. This really impressed upon me the importance of being diligent to put the word of God in your heart. After filling his heart with faith by meditating on the healing scriptures, he called home and told Pat that she was healed. That day the growth she had on her eye disappeared. Glory to God! The Word works, but you have to work the Word.
The reason many are weak in faith today is because they don’t feed their faith this way with the same diligence and attentiveness. If it worked for Bro. Hagin it can work for anybody. We just need to apply the Word with the same diligence he did. I know the following scriptures are many, but you don’t have to use all of them. Listen to the video and see which ones the Holy Spirit quickens to you. That is what I did while I was in the hospital for 16 days, and it is what sustained me and gave me hope. When I had the stroke I was disappointed and tempted to be sorrowful and depressed, but listening to the scriptures via video each day and night got me through that difficult time. It put hope and then faith in me. You can do the same. I put this lengthy blog together because I want to help the sick and diseased to get healed. I want to give you hope and faith is the substance of things hoped for (Heb. 11:1).
You might say, well,” I’m not sick”, but if you’ll wait until the day when sickness and disease attacks your body, you’ll be on the defensive, but if you’ll continually fill your heart with healing and health scriptures now, you’ll have reserves to call on when the evil day comes. Or you’ll just walk in divine health where you won’t ever have sickness and disease. I hope you”ll do the latter and build your faith constantly throughout your life because sickness and disease is one of the main areas where Satan will attack people, and Christians are not exempt.
HERE THEN ARE THE 50 HEALING VERSES IN THE NIV THAT GO WITH THE VIDEO LINK ABOVE AND THEN THE NKJV BELOW THEM. (forgive me if there are any typos)
1. Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91:14-16 (NKJV) – “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”
2. Exodus 15:26 (NIV) – He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
Exodus 15:26 (NKJV) – He said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I amthe Lord who heals you.”
3. Matt. 8:13 (NIV)- Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
Matt. 8:13 (NKJV) – Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.
4. Exodus 23:25 (NIV) – Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…
Exodus 23:25 (NKJV) – “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
5. Matt. 12:15 (NIV) – Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill.
Matt. 12:15 (NKJV) – But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.
6. Deut. 7:15 (NIV) – The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.
Deut. 7:15 (NKJV) – And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you.
Matt. 9:22 (NKJV) – But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.
8. Deut. 30:19 (NIV) – This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live…
Deut. 30:19 (NKJV) – I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live…
9. Matt. 14:14 (NIV) – When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
Matt. 14:14 (NKJV) – And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
10. Ps. 103:1-5 (NIV) – Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Ps. 103:1-5 (NKJV) – Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
11. Ps. 107:20 (NIV) – Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. 20 He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Ps. 107:20 (NKJV) – He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
12. Neh. 8:10 – (NIV) – “The joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Neh. 8:10 (NKJV) – “Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
13. Proverbs 4:20-23 (NIV) – My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body. 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Proverbs 4:20-23 (NKJV) – My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; 22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. 23 Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
14. Is. 53:5 (NIV) – But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Is. 53:5 (NKJV) – But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
15. Jer. 30:17 (NIV) – But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’declares the Lord…
Jer. 30:17 (NKJV) – For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord
16. Joel 3:10 (NIV) – Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, “I am strong (warrior)!” (the creators of the video substituted “warrior” for “strong”)
Joel 3:10 (NKJV) – “Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’ ”
17. Matt. 8:2-3 (NIV) – A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” 3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.
Matt. 8:2-3 (NKJV) – And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.”3 Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
18. Matt. 18:18-19 (NIV) – “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
Matt. 18:18-19 (NKJV) – “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
19. Mk. 11:23-24 (NIV) – “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mk. 11:23-24 (NKJV) – For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you,whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
20. John 10:10 (NIV) – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10 (NKJV) – The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
21. Rom. 8:11 – And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom. 8:11 (NJKV) – But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
22. 2 Cor. 10:4-5 – The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Cor. 10:4-5 (NJKV) – For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ…
23. Gal. 3:13-14 – 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
Gal. 3:13-14 (NKJV) – Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
24. Acts 3:16 – By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.
Acts 3:16 (NKJV) – And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
25. Eph. 6:10-17 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,which is the word of God.
Eph. 6:10-17 (NKJV) – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
26. Phil. 2:13 – For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
Phil. 2:13 (NKJV) – For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
27. 2 Tim. 1:7 – For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Tim. 1:7 (NKJV) – For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
28. Heb. 10: 23 – Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Heb . 10:23 (NKJV) – Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
29. Heb. 10:35 – So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
Heb. 10:35 (NKJV) – Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.
30. 1 Pt. 2:24 – “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
1 Pt. 2:24 (NKJV) – who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
31. 1 John 3:21-22 – Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.
1 John 3:21-22 (NKJV) – Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
32. 3 John 2 – Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
3 John 2 (NKJV) – Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
33. Rom. 8:38-39 – For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom. 8:38-39 (NKJV) – For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
34. Jer. 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
34. Jer. 29:11 (NKJV) – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
35. Isa. 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa. 41:10 (NKJV) – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
36. Ps 91:2 – I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
36. Ps 91:2 (NKJV) – I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
37. Ps 91:14-16 – Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Ps 91:14-16 (NKJV) – “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”
Is. 40:31 (NKJV) – But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles,they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
Jer. 30:17 ( NKJV) – For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord..
40. Lk. 4:40 – At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.
Lk. 4:40 (NKJV) – When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.
41. Ps. 108:4 – For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Ps. 108:4 (NKJV) – For Your mercy is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the clouds.
42. Lam. 3:22-23 – Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lam. 3:22-23 ( NKJV) – Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
43. Deut. 31:8 – “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deut. 31:8 (NKJV) – And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.
44. Ps. 119:76 – “May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
Ps. 119:76 (NKJV) – Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to Your word to Your servant.
45. Isa. 49:13 – Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
Isa. 49:13 (NKJV) – Sing, O heavens! Be joyful, O earth! And break out in singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people, and will have mercy on His afflicted.
46. Micah 7:7 – But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
Micah 7:7 (NKJV) – Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.
47. Matt. 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matt. 5:4 ( NKJV) – Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
48. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27 (NKJV) – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
49. Rom. 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Rom. 15:13 (NKJV) – Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
50. Neh . 8:10 – ” Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Neh . 8:10 ( NKJV) – Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.