Have you ever asked yourself why there are so many different churches and denominations in Christianity today? Why is there so much division and disunity? Why does it seem so difficult to labor together in a spirit of love?
What I’m about to share with you will give you great wisdom for change. It is an end time plan. It is a plan we saw work overseas very effectively, but I had always thought it could never work here in America or in other developed countries because of the pride of learning and education, self-reliance, and self-sufficiency. It will take great humility to receive this plan.
Let me warn you, though and preface some remarks before releasing this plan. None of this will work unless you are a kingdom minded person. My first book, Soulish Leadership: Whose Kingdom Are You Building?, has shaken up many a leader along these lines. (Scroll down our book page and watch the 1.34 minute book promo).
A RIGHT HEART
Here are some heart searching questions a friend of mine asked: What would happen in your community if it didn’t matter who controlled, who led, or who got the credit for extending the kingdom of heaven on this earth? What if kingdom growth meant the end of everything you are involved in? Could you let go of what is dear to you so that another might succeed? Would you be willing to be nothing for the greater good? To give away your time, talents, and money for no other reason than the good it causes others? These questions reveal the golden key to a greater unity in the body of Christ. It’s all in the heart. What is required is not growth of any particular group but rather, Christ’s kingdom, free of emotional, spiritual, and financial ownership issues.
This is the Christ-like way: Humble yourself as the meek and lowly One did, and serve others as if they are more important than you. This releases everyone into their greatest potential and restores and builds up the body.
Nothing I’m about to share will work without that qualifier.
KEY QUALIFYING PRINCIPLES
Secondly, there are key principles that must be operative in our belief system that will cause this end time plan to work.
These foundational principles will unify the body of Christ and create a dynamic vehicle by which we can cooperate with God in bringing forth great change and revival. No matter the form or method of organization of any Christian church or faith-based group, it must not violate these divine principles. These principles must always supersede any human arrangement that might compromise these principles. In other words, any ecclesiastical laws that violate these divine principles must be rendered unconstitutional.
Here then are the qualifying principles:
1. The Church must acknowledge the supreme Headship of Christ, not in word but in deed. There is no place here for a control freak – no vicar, no pope, no authoritarian head who must have the rule and preeminence.
2. Every overseer of every church, work, and organization must acknowledge the fellowship of the whole body of Christ. This means that no group may restrict fellowship along denominational lines or its own organization. That would constitute division in the body of Christ.
3. The Church must acknowledge all ministries which God has set it the Church (1 Cor. 12:28-31). It should not deny initiative to those whom God has called to special ministries (Eph. 4:11) (Rom. 12:3-6). Paul said there were diversities of operations. We can then conclude that every man’s ministry will differ in some degree from another’s.
4. It should stand for the principles of the doctrine of Christ (Heb. 6:1-2).
5. It should be flexible and responsive to revival when and where God should send it. Historically, revivals have come through individuals. Churches may greatly benefit from such visitations if they are sensitive to the Spirit of God.
THE END TIME PLAN
An interdenominational ministry training school or center that will bring churches together in each city and region is the plan. The objectives would be three-fold.
1. To bring about doctrinal order and unity in the Body of Christ.
2. To meet the spiritual need in a region through evangelism, discipleship, and the equipping of ministry gifts.
3. To accelerate divine activity, training, and the move of God in a region.
Can you imagine if every denomination and faith based church or group who professes Christ would engage in this type of training? It would revolutionize the landscape of Christianity in America and the nations, and put fear into the devil and his demons. It will take a miracle of great proportions to break down denominational barriers and church walls, but I believe in miracles. And I believe the prayer of Jesus for the unity of His people will be fully answered before He returns (Jn. 17).
This is just something to think about that has been on my heart. Perhaps there are strong leaders who have a gift, a calling, and a platform to catalyze such an aforementioned plan in the body of Christ in these end of days. It would take a great humility in leaders to bring this plan to pass.
“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me“ (Jn. 17:20-23).
May His glory make us one.