The following are key excerpts from prophecies and visions of recent times that I have shared over the past year. They serve to warn us and prepare us for the days we are living in. Do not merely admire the preciseness of some of their statements but make application of their words and prepare yourself for what is here now and what is yet to come. These excerpts when woven together add up to a longer read than I normally like to publish, but I’m quite sure you will find them well worth your time.
SMITH WIGGLESWORTH: A PROPHETIC MESSAGE FROM 1927
1.There will be many Christians who believe that they can do whatever they want and God will look the other way. People are tremendously afraid of this position because they have heard so much on this line: “Oh, you know you are the elect of God. You are sure to be all right (this is the once saved-always saved position).” That is wrong. The elect of God are those that are pressing forward.
2. It will be common for preachers to deny the existence of hell. Denying hell prepares the way for antichrist. What? No hell. The devil has always said that. No hell, no devil. They are ready for him. The devil has always said no hell, no evil. And these people are preparing, and they do not know it, for the Man of Sin.
3. It will be offensive to talk about the blood of Christ. When I spoke about the blood and when I spoke about this infernal thing, the whole place was upset. You be careful when anybody comes to you with a sugar-coated pill or with a slimy tongue. They are always of the devil. The Spirit of the Lord will always deal with truth. These people never deal with truth. They always cover up the truth.
Give the devil the biggest chase of his life and say these words: “The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, cleanses us from all unrighteousness.”
4. The world will look to worship a man and will overlook his faults to get him into power. These people are determined to have a man. They know someone has to come. We know Who He is that is coming. They begin to make a man. So they find a man in India, they polish him up as much as they can, and they make him as—well, in appearance, but you know we are told by the Lord that there is soft clothing that goes onto wolves’ backs.
5. People will believe that certain preachers are of God simply because of their crowds and their buildings.
6. As churches turn away from the Holy Spirit many believers go to false teachers.
DR. MARK BARCLAY: A VISION FROM THE 1980’s
I remember in the vision that I asked the Lord “What is this? What is this evil, tempestuous dark cloud?”
The Lord said, “This is what I showed My prophet, Isaiah (Isa. 61:1-2). This is every evil thing you can name. It is every demon, it is every disease, it is sickness and bacterial attacks that haven’t even been discovered yet. It will cause humans to do things to humans that aren’t even human. It is filled with insanity, and many people will lose their mind and their faculties. It is murder, terror, rape, abuse, terrorism, torture, and much worse. It is filled with deceptions, heresies, perversions, and filth.”
Some things the Lord showed me I have not had permission to speak.
I also saw people – many, many people. Some were running into the dark cloud, and some were being sucked into it. It reminded me of this very powerful Shop-vac I have. It will not only suck up the dirt but also my tools, if I don’t pay attention.
I saw may people screaming with terror and actually being dragged into this cloud. Though they were refusing it and resisting it with all their strength, they still did not possess the power to stop it.
I was so disturbed when I saw a cross on someone’s pocket or jewelry. I remember saying to the Lord, “Who are those people being drawn into this filth and terror, wearing the Christian symbol of the cross? Who are these people, not even resisting? And who are these people, resisting with all their might but it does them no good? They just keep disappearing into this horrible, evil cloud of gross darkness.”
The Lord answered me and said, “Oh, these are those who do not have clean hands and a pure heart. They have been warned but ignored the warnings. Some even wanted this filth as their lifestyle.”
I asked, “Well, who are these wearing the cross?”
“Oh,” the Lord said, “These are the people who claim Me as Savior. Many of them have desired this filth and even fought for it. They make excuses but are not excused. The ones who are resisting thought My prophets were exaggerating and from the old school, and they denied the warnings. Now that this evil has come, they possess little to no power, and certainly not enough to resist and overcome this horrible onslaught of enemy power. Only those with clean hands and a pure heart will be able to totally resist this. It will cover the earth.”
AN OLD 90 YEAR OLD NORWEGIAN WOMAN FROM THE 1960’S
A lukewarmness without parallel will take hold of the Christians, a falling away from true, living Christianity. Christians will not be open for penetrating preaching. They will not, like in earlier times, want to hear of sin and grace, law and gospel, repentance and restoration. There will come a substitute instead: prosperity (happiness) Christianity.
The important thing will be to have success, to be something; to have material things, things that God never promised us in this way. Churches and prayer houses will be emptier and emptier. Instead of the preaching we have been used to for generations – like, to take your cross up and follow Jesus, – entertainment, art and culture will invade the churches where there should have been gatherings for repentance and revival. This will increase markedly just before the return of Jesus.
STANLEY FRODSHAM: 1965
Before I visit the nations in judgment; I will begin at My house. When I do cause My wrath to come upon the cities of the world, My people shall be separate. I desire a people without spot or wrinkle and such will be preserved by Me in the time of My wrath, which will be coming upon all iniquity and unrighteousness.
I am going to prepare you for the coming days by a hard path that will cause many to cry out continually unto Me. For when the going is easy men do not seek Me, but rejoice in a temporary blessing. And when that blessing is removed they so often turn this way and that way but do not come to Me. I am showing you these things in order that you may seek Me continually and with great diligence. As you seek Me I will open up truths to you that you have not seen before, and these very truths will be such that will enable you to stand in these last days.
The coming days are going to be most dangerous, difficult and dark for there shall be a mighty outpouring of My Spirit in judgment upon many cities and many shall be destroyed. My people must be diligently warned concerning the days ahead. Many shall turn after seducing spirits, and already many are seducing My people. It is those who ‘Do Righteousness’ that are righteous. Many cover their sins by great theological words. But I warn you of seducing spirits who instruct my people in an evil way. Many of these I will anoint that they in turn may purify and sift My people, for I will have a holy people. When I come I shall not find faith upon the earth but in a few, for when the time of testing comes many will depart from their Lord.
Many shall come with seducing spirits and hold out lustful enticements. You will find that after I have visited My people again the way will become more and more narrow, and fewer shall walk therein. Be not deceived, the ways of righteousness are My ways. For though Satan come as an angel of light hearken not to him; for those who perform miracles and speak not righteousness are not of Me. I warn you with great intensity that I am going to judge My house and have a Church without spot or wrinkle when I come.
In 1987 the late Lester Sumrall in his book, I Predict, wrote about 6 things that would happen in our nation.
1. America would depart from Christianity.
2. America would endorse pagan religions.
3. America would embrace doctrines of demons.
4. Satan worship and human sacrifice would occur more and more (this is not talked about but is happening underground).
5. America would be consumed with rebellion and it would be like a tornado in our land. Anarchy would spread among our youth, schools, and colleges. In the home, on the job, and throughout the entire social structure there would be no more tenderness in the home, no love, no laughter, many marriages would fail, and children would not know who to love and who to hate.
6. There would be a tremendous tearing of America’s moral fiber, homosexuality would no longer be in the closet but be considered normal, and even bestiality would be seen more and more in our society.
I would have to say that brother Sumrall’s predictions were amazingly accurate.
After his 1987 prediction Lester Sumrall went on to say that all the evil he predicted would transpire just before a great awakening comes to America.
The evil and persecution in the world and in America now will separate the true from the false, the nominal Christian from the serious disciple, and the Lord will once again use a remnant to fulfill His end-time purposes.